By enrolling to any courses offered by RoboCode Academy, the applicant and/or his/her parent acknowledge and agree to our Terms and Conditions as specified below:
- Unless otherwise specified, applications are handled on a first-come first-served and confirmation-by-payment basis; and courses enrollment will be accepted up to one week before the commencement of each course. However it is advisable to register well in advance as places are limited.
- Application to RoboCode courses may be subject to pre-course assessment to determine student’s suitability to enroll in lessons. RoboCode reserves the right to accept or reject any application, in considering the requirement for courses and/or the impact brought to the classes/academy.
- RoboCode reserves the right to discontinue a student’s enrolment at any time for poor attendance, non-payment or underpayment of tuition, or any disruptive behavior that is opposing negative impacts to the academy’s operations or other students’ learning.
- RoboCode reserves the right to alter the course instructor, class size (with a maximum of 8 students) for any courses or lessons as deemed appropriate or necessary. And it is not required to provide prior notice for such arrangements.
- RoboCode reserves the right to change the tuition fee and offer promotions at any time to respond to the market.
Course Cancellation, Change of Course Specification
- RoboCode reserves the right to cancel any course whether it has started or not; and to alter the date and/or time, venue and number of sessions to accommodate unforeseen circumstances. RoboCode will endeavour to inform all students who have submitted contact details at enrolment should necessary changes occur, and with its best effort to minimize the inconvenience made to the students. The above changes, when necessary, do not constitute a basis for requests for refunds.
- RoboCode reserves the right to cancel a course within a reasonable timeframe before the course commences if the number of applicants is below the requisite minimum, in which case course fees and handling charges (if any) will be refunded in full. RoboCode will notify the affected students as soon as possible either by phone or in writing (e-mail) and all refunds will be issued within two weeks after all necessary documents are received.
- Students must settle all course fees at the time of or before course enrollment. RoboCode reserves the right to withdraw the application without notice and preclude the student from attending class if the course fee has not been settled.
- Tuition fees are set for a course or semester, which may vary in curriculum, progress, length and number of classes. Tutors of RoboCode Academy will recommend the suitable course(s) for every child. Therefore, no pro rata payment will be accepted.
- Tuitions are non-refundable and non-transferrable once the student’s placement has been confirmed.
- Irrespective of the commencement date of a course, no refund will be made except in the following circumstances:
- The course is cancelled by RoboCode, in which case course fees and handling charges (if any) will be refunded to the applicant in full. All refunds will be issued within two weeks after all necessary documents are received.
- The student cannot attend 40% or more of the course due to accidental injury or illness. In this case, the student needs to inform RoboCode in writing as soon as the injury/illness occurs, accompanied by relevant proof of incident and/or medical certifications, no later than one week of the injury/illness. Applications later than that date will not be entertained. Only remaining course sessions of not more than 50% of the total course fee will be refunded. Lapsed class sessions will not be refunded.
- Approved applicants for withdrawal and refund will need to fill in the Course Refund Form issued by RoboCode, and return the form together with a copy of payment receipt of the course fee to our Academy in person, by mail or e-mail.
- HK$250 will be deducted from the refund amount as administrative charge. (If the course is cancelled by RoboCode, no administrative charge is required.)
- Refunds will be made by cash irrespective of the payment method at the time of enrollment. And payee is required to sign on an acknowledge receipt of the refund.
- Once admitted to a course, student is not allowed to change to another course without prior approval from RoboCode.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferable from one enrollee to another.
- Students who cannot attend a course for a considerable period of time due to unforeseen circumstances, such as alteration in academic hours, are advised to apply to transfer to another course. Such unforeseen circumstances do not constitute a basis for requests for refunds.
- Transfers can only be made to the courses run in the same semester and at the same campus location.
- A non-refundable administrative fee of HK$100 will be levied when applying for transfer between courses. This fee will not be refunded even if the transfer is rejected.
- Applicants need to fill in the Course Transfer Application Form, and the completed form should be returned to RoboCode by any means with HK$100 as administrative charge in cash or bank-in slip.
- RoboCode may, at its discretion, reject any application for transfer of course subject to actual situations, such as availability of places, progress and level of transferred-to course/class).
Make-up Class Arrangements
- Make-up classes are only regular courses only and are non-refundable and non-transferable. Trial classes or day-camp are not applicable. In the event of dispute, RoboCode holds the rights to the final decision.
- All make-up classes need to be taken during the same semester or course which the class is missed and cannot be carried forward to another term. Outstanding make-up classes will be forfeited after the last day of the term.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to inform RoboCode before the start of a class in the event of absence:
- Sick leave: If a student is deemed physically unsuitable to attend a class, s/he has to give the notification 4 hours before the class starts and provide a doctor’s certificate for sick-leave. No make-up class will be given if the notification is made in less than 4 hours from a class.
- Leave of absence for personal reasons: If a student cannot attend the class due to personal matters, s/he has to give the notification 48 hours before the class starts, or s/he will not be entitled any make-up class.
- Guarantee of one make-up class will be provided per term given that the above pre-class notification requirement is met. To make up for absences more than once, students are allowed to sit in another class of their own level and with the same curriculum progression if the class has not yet exceed the maximum class size determined by RoboCode.
- If a student does not show up for the scheduled make-up class, the class is forfeited.
Discipline & Safety
- Eating and drinking are not permitted in teaching venues. Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of the Academy.
- Please switch off the any beeping devices of your mobile phones turn them into silent mode during classes.
- Audiotaping, videotaping and photography is not permitted during classes, except with the prior permission of RoboCode.
- RoboCode reserves the right to exclude from class any student whose behaviour disturbs the rest of the class, or who does not comply with Academy regulations. If s/he has caused damage to the Academy’s property, a fine will be levied based on the market value of the damaged item.
- Parents and guardians are solely responsible for the safety of the students before and after class. They are responsible to arrange appropriate transportation or pick-up for students to and from the campus. RoboCode will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any injury or loss of property/damage of personal property in the campus.
- By accepting the terms & conditions of RoboCode Academy, we are given consent which in case of serious accidents when immediate medical care is required, children will be sent to the nearest hospital. Parent or guardian will be notified at once.
Bad Weather / Public Health Warning Arrangement
- When classes have not yet started:
- If Tropical Cyclone Signal No. 8 or above or a Black Rainstorm Warning is in force two hours before the scheduled start time of the class, or when an announcement is made by the Hong Kong Observatory that the Tropical Cyclone Signal No. 8 or above is likely to be hoisted three hours before the scheduled start time of the class, classes will be cancelled.
- When classes have already started:
- When the Tropical Cyclone Signal No. 8 or above is in force, classes will be suspended immediately. Otherwise, classes shall continue.
- When Black Rainstorm Signal is in force, classes shall continue.
- Classes shall resume normal if weather signals for Typhoon 8 or Black Rain are lowered two hours before the scheduled start time of the class
- Classes shall all remain on schedule even the AMBER or RED rainstorm signal is in force.
- When there is any public health crisis announced by the Hong Kong Department of Health, such as the outbreak of SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome), swine flu or ebola, classes might be suspended according to situations. Parent or guardian are strictly responsible for notifying us when their children (or their family members who cohabit with them) is diagnosed or suspected to be suffering from those high-risk infectious diseases. RoboCode reserves the right to restrict them from any area of the campus to avoid serious health consequences to other students and member of the academy.
- RoboCode will also notify students via phone call or other instant communication means when classes will be cancelled due to severe weather conditions or public health warnings.
- To compensate for classes that have been cancelled due to abovementioned unexpected situations, corresponding make-up classes will be arranged. Please pay attention to the announcement of arrangement.
Use of Images and Videos
- RoboCode reserves the right to use photographs and/or recordings of students (and parents/guardians, if any) taken during classes or activities for the use of educational, training or promotional purposes. Any objection to such use must be made in writing to RoboCode.
- All course notes, course materials and information supplied to students by RoboCode are for private study purposes only. The copyright of all these materials belongs to RoboCode and all rights are reserved.
- The copyright of the photos, videos or audio clips taken during classes belongs to RoboCode as well.
- Students/Parents/Guardians agree not to reproduce, distribute or show to any other person, in whole or in part, of abovementioned materials.
- Approaching staff/instructors of RoboCode privately for tutorials/lessons is strictly prohibited.
- RoboCode will not be liable in cases where RoboCode is unable to fulfill any services to which they are contractually bound because of fire, natural disaster, act of government, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labour disputes or other reasons that are beyond RoboCode’s control. RoboCode will not be liable for loss, damage, or injury to persons or property howsoever caused.
- Chinese language version of Terms and Conditions is for reference only. In case of disputes, controversies or differences which may arise out of and/or in connection with the interpretation of the Terms and Conditions, the English language version shall prevail. In case of disputes, RoboCode reserves the right for final decision.
- RoboCode reserves the right to change and/or amend the Terms and Conditions from time to time at its sole discretion.
- The contents of this website are general information for reference only. While every care has been taken to ensure the information provided on this website is accurate, RoboCode does not guarantee that all or some parts of the information are accurate in all aspects. RoboCode accepts no liability or responsibility for any errors or misstatements in, or for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from the information provided on this website, or on any other websites to which this website is linked. All the contents of this website are subject to change without notice. If you find any problems with the contents, please notify us through email. We will investigate the matter immediately and take suitable action.